Highland Dental COVID-19 Update Greetings and we hope this will find you safe and healthy. As of Monday, May 18th our office is back open for all dental procedures. With our opening, we would like to make you aware of some immediate changes that you will for sure notice, but they are for your safety, and our safety in mind.
- IF you have a cleaning appointment starting on May 18, 2020, please be patient with us as we work to maintain our schedule as well as to ensure the necessary amount of time to clean each room properly for your safety. We will be reaching out to each patient to confirm your cleaning appointment and to review our new policies. If you are unable to make your appointment, we ask you to notify us as soon as possible to allow us time to fill our schedule.
- We will NOT work if current Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) does not meet our standards for personal patient safety. If we cannot treat safely, we will not treat at all.
- In the interim time will be moving toward a “VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM” meaning that our waiting room will be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes but we are trying to keep traffic down inside the building until we are ready to take you back for your appointment. Therefore, when you arrive, please call our office at 816-792-8030 to check-in for your appointment and we will call you back when we are ready for you to come in. Only young children and those who need special assistance will be allowed accompany patients to operatory.
- As for your safety and the safety of our team members, we will be doing the following but not limited to in helping in securing a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Wearing the necessary PPE
- Cleaning each operatory according and above OSHA standards
- Taking each patients temperature prior to their appointment as well as daily documentation of each employee’s temperature
- Having patients rinsing with a mouthwash in the operatory
- Having patients washing their hands pre and post appointment
- Eliminating the number of bottlenecks or groups of patients being in close contact with each other
- As we our staff wears the necessary Personal Protective Equipment, the office temperature may be a little cooler than normal so please bring necessary jackets, sweaters, or blankets to keep yourself warm during your appointment
Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedent times as we navigate our schedule as we get back to work.